USA DIVING MEET MANAGEMENT
IN THE 2006 refered to as 3.1 version will include extra databases.
From experience, IT IS RECOMMENDED
ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR DATABASE SET UP THE WAY YOU WANT....scoring templates and default events....divers, teams and coaches you create a new one easily.
Option 1.Make a duplicate copy of the database you have just used and rename it...then delete the meet just used....the divers coaches and teams all remain in the database. Now you have a database to set your new meet up in with all the data ready to use....Default templates have remained the same.
If you do not care about the default templates, then using the Export funtion. open the old database..Export all the divers, coaches and teams separately...then open the new database and Import them.
The following databases have been prepared to assist you in preparing for competitions. Please read the instructions below to help guide you in selecting the proper database you may be interested in working with.
THE FOLLOWING SET WAS INCLUDED IN THE INSTALL OF 3.1 It can be found in the EZMeet Programs file folder:
BlankEZMeetDATABASES.zip(Full set of blank databases, with templates for default events for creating a meet.)
Individual blank databases
BlankEZMeet06.mdb (zipped blank databases, with templates for default events for creating a meet.)
HSEZMeet06.mdb (zipped database with 6 dive and 11 dive meet templates and sample meets)
NCAAEZMeet06.mdb (zipped database, with meet templates, and listing of many 2004 NCAA, coaches and teams preloaded)
USADEZMeet06.mdb (zipped database with meet templates, coaches and clubs in USA Diving)
The advantage of using separate database for different types of meets is:
1. Not having to change the team attachement from club to school back for each meet.
2. To have a separate listing of just schools OR club teams to search through
3. To have the ability to store separate information about the diver...instead of USD#, list Freshman, Sophomore, etc. in that field for the school database.
IF THE PROGRAM WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO SELECT A DATABASE:
To force the program to allow you to select the database you wish to use:
1. You may have an older verion database in the EZMeet File folder from one of the original versions of EZmeet. Locate and Rename the blank default database DiveMasterdb.mdb if you have information on it include 04 in the name since it is that old, you will find it in the C:\Program Files\EZMeet folder. If there is nothing on it you wish to keep, delete it.
2. When you open the EZMeet program you will be prompted to select the database you wish to open, if you followed step 1 or have used a newer version of the program.. If the default database was not renamed as suggested above, then the program will automatically open to the old default database. The original divemasterdb.mdb blank database that came with the 2.0.1 version has NO DIVERS, or TEAMS and should be replaced with the new BlankEZMeet05.mdb or one of the others specifically set up for NCAA, HS or USA diving. These new databases have the new Rules.4. NEW Rules will not be checked if using the old databases. YOU MUST USE A NEW DATABASE... Information you wish to continue to use can be exported to the new database..
More on DATABASES:
The Default database will no longer be included with the install. New databases will be included that can be
accessed by selecting the database you wish to use.
SUGGESTIONS FOR ARCHIVING AND BACKING UP
BACK-UP during a meet:
If you are using combined events you will want to transfer the whole database from you sheet entry computer to your meet table computer before you run an event.
When you transfer the database, (use a memory stick) rename the database the name of the event you will be running. Example: Events1&3.mdb or 9&UGirls1M.mdb SAVE it on the main computer in the backup file folder as well. This provides backup information throughout the day. All this can be deleted once you have succesfully merged all of the data back together at the end of the competition.
When you are finished running the event, you can transfer the database back to the main computer. You will always have immediate access to it to print reports or dive sheets and can export the information at a later time to combine all the events back into the master database for your records.